Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Jingle Bells as sung by Swift Creek Baptist Church Young at Heart Members

Words to this song written by: Debi Michael


CHORUS: Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to be a Senior here today.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Even though my joints all hurt, I go here anyway.

It isn't very fun to have to moan and groan,
Past are the days of running fast, and I can't hear the phone;
My get up came and went; it hurts to stand or sit,
I can't remember anything, and all my money's spent!

It's opened up my eyes, and much to my chagrin,
I used to think that forty was rather old, my friend.
The truth is now in view, and what a big surprise,
Not only was I forty once, but almost forty twice!

I'm moving mighty slow; things just don't work the same;
The pharmacists and doctors call me by my first name;
My ankles sometimes swell, and I can't see my feet,
My eyes might be deceiving me, or I can't see this sheet!

CHORUS: Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Oh what fun it is to be a Senior here today.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,
Even though my joints all hurt, I got here anyway!

No comments: